I'm not sure where this list comes from. I see it on all sorts of sites on the Internet so I can't really credit it to anyone in particular. Regardless of that, it's really good to know especially if you live in or near polluted cities. and they are really pretty plants to brighten up your home!
I have a snake plant as well as a spider plant. My peace lily died a few years ago and I didn't replace it and have some friends with tons of bamboo in the backyard that I'll be getting too. If you love having plants around your home, consider some of these.
Natural 6 Air Purifying House Plants
1. Bamboo Palm: According to NASA, it removes formaldahyde and is also said to act as a natural humidifier.
2. Snake Plant: Found by NASA to absorb nitrogen oxides and formaldahyde.
3. Areca Palm: One of the best air purifying plants for general air cleanliness.
4. Spider Plant: Great indoor plant for removing carbon monoxide and other toxins or impurities. Spider plants are one of three plants NASA deems best at removing formaldahyde from the air.
5. Peace Lily: Peace lilies could be called the “clean-all.” They’re often placed in bathrooms or laundry rooms because they’re known for removing mold spores. Also know to remove formaldahyde and trichloroethylene.
6. Gerbera Daisy: Not only do these gorgeous flowers remove benzene from the air, they’re known to improve sleep by absorbing carbon dioxide and giving off more oxygen over night.