Vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, no bake/raw, oil-free, refined sugar-free, soy-free. Rich and tangy, this vegan sour cream makes the perfect compliment to any bowl of chili or Mexican entrée. Be sure to soak the cashews in a bowl of water for at least a couple hours (preferable overnight) before you begin.
Yield: 3/4 cup
Soak time: 2-8 hours
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked
- 1/2-3/4 cup water, as needed
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt, to taste
- Place cashews in a bowl and cover with water. Soak for a minimum of 2 hours, preferably overnight or for 8 hours if you have the time.
- Drain and rinse the cashews and place in the blender.
- Add water, lemon, vinegar, and salt. Blend on high until smooth. You might have to stop to scrape down the blender now and then or add a touch more water to get it going.
- Once it's super smooth, it's ready! Transfer into a small container. The cream will thicken up as it sits.