When you want to have a “tuna” salad-like sandwich, wrap or even on a lettuce leaf, opt for this Chickpea “Tuna” Salad.
This recipe came from Melissa Costello of Karma Chow Kitchen where you’ll find many delicious vegetarian/vegan recipes.
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained & rinsed – or soak about ½ cup of dried chickpeas and cook to yield just under 1½ cups of cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 2 Tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 Tablespoon freshly chopped dill
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or almond slivers
- 3 Tablespoons grapeseed Vegenaise
- 1 Tablespoon dijon
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons dulse flakes (optional)
- Using a food processor fitted with the S-blade, grind chickpeas until flaky.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well with a fork to incorporate.
- Season with salt & pepper.
To print this recipe, click Download File: