If you would like to print this recipe, click the link below.
Use a 9x13 pan or bigger (it will look like it will overflow, but don't worry, it shrinks)
1/3 cup chopped red onion
2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
2 portobello mushrooms, sliced
9 roma (plum) tomatoes (make sure it's roma or plum otherwise they are too juicy), thinly sliced
4 cups fresh baby spinach
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil (we used 1/8 cup dried)
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano (we used 1/2 tbsp. dried)
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 (8 ounce) package no-cook lasagna noodles
6 Tablespoons grated parmesan (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly coat a 9x13 inch baking dish with a little olive oil.
- Saute red onion in a little bit of olive oil.
- In a large bowl, toss together the zucchini, mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach, garlic, and feta cheese. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and stir in basil, oregano, sugar, salt and pepper. When the sautéed onions are done, remove from heat and let cool. Add these to the mix. Stir the mixture until evenly blended.
- Place 3 lasagna noodles into the bottom of the oiled pan, not touching each other. Spread 1/4 of the mixture over the noodles. Sprinkle 1/4 of the mozzarella over the mixture. Repeat layering (3 lasagna noodles, 1/4 mixture, 1/4 mozzarella cheese until the dish is heaped, ending with the cheese. Add grated parmesan on top now if you want. About 6 tbsp.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until noodles and vegetables are tender. Let stand for a few minutes to set, then slice, serve and ENJOY!.