ALL INGREDIENTS MUST BE ORGANIC!
It's important that the vegetables are clean and clear of toxins!
- 16 ounces or 450 gm Japanese radish/daikon (metal phase)
- 8 to 10 ounces or 225 to 380 gm white daikon greens (wood phase)
- 8 to 10 ounces or 225 to 280 gm carrots (fire phase)
- 8 ounces or 225 gm fresh burdock root (also known as Gobo in Japanese, Uang in Korean, Ngau Pong or Niu Pang in Chinese) [if using dried burdock root, use only 2 ounces or 1/4 of fresh amount required] (earth phase)
- 3-5 fresh shitake mushrooms (sundried) – if not sundried, expose dried mushrooms to sun again. This is to convert the good stuff into Vitamin D in the mushrooms (water phase)
- Don’t peel anything! Don’t add any seasoning!
- Fill a pot with three times the quantity of water as the vegetable.
- When it comes to a boil, reduce the flame and simmer for two hours.
- Strain and drink.
- Store in refrigerator immediately when cool to avoid losing any of the soup’s goodness. Be sure to store in stainless steel pots or glass containers as the soup may react with other materials (especially aluminium)